Join a team of school psychologists who are school-based and a key part of MTSS and intervention planning. NACS is growing each year and remains one of the top-ranked districts in the state. There is a collaborative spirit with all staff working together with parents to meet the academic and social/emotional needs of each student. Enjoy having a coordinator who assists school psychologists in obtaining best evaluation tools, professional training, and direct assistance with any cases as needed. You will be supported by our Director of Special Education, Assistant Director, and supportive administrators who work collaboratively with you and other key staff each day.
At NACS school psychologists are valued for their expertise in such areas as:
- Comprehensive knowledge of universal screeners, diagnostic tools, and progress monitoring for behavior and academics.
- Dyslexia screening, evaluation, and corporation procedures
- Preschool evaluation and programming
- K-12 evaluation and programming
- Parent consultation
- Legal issues related to IDEA and Article 7
- Providing training and support as necessary on behavioral management, the academic referral process, school-wide curricular and instructional practices, and/or the learning, social, emotional, and behavioral needs of referred students as well as those involved in the MTSS process.
- Continually seeking professional development in areas of need and interest