The Indiana Council of Administrators of Special Education has established this free employment opportunities board for prospective employers to advertise open positions available in the area of special education.
This is a full time Speech and Language Pathologist position at Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation for 2017-2018 School Year. TVSC is a small rural school district. This position will be hired by TVSC and it is not a cooperative position. There is a small amount of travel involved (6 miles) between buildings. Salary is based on years of experience. Come and join the TVSC team!!
Appropriate certification as required by the Indiana Department of Education
Expertise working with students
Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with school professionals, students and families.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Provides a therapeutic program to meet individual needs of students with disabilities in the areas of speech and language.
Cooperates with classroom teachers and staff members to implement therapy.
Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing and referring suspected and identified speech and language impartments.
Provides screening to identify speech and language needs for students.
Completes evaluations for speech and language special education services.
Assists with referrals of students to agencies and specialists as appropriate.
Writes and implements Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students.
Provides in-service education and serves as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics concerning speech improvement. Maintains IEP service records in order to bill Medicaid.
Performs other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by the director of special services or building principal
Zionsville Community Schools is accepting applications from outstanding candidates for the Director of Unified Student Services.
Qualified candidates should possess an Indiana Director of Special Education license and have special education administration experience.
The position is effective October 15, 2017 and will be a 260 day administrative contract. Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
The essential functions of this position include oversight of the district's special education program which includes staffing, training and development as well as compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. In addition, it is expected that this position oversees grant application and compliance as appropriate.
Special Education Coordinator for Adult High School
2717 S East St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
p: (317) 969-5731
To plan, organize and implement services for students that qualify for Special Education and other struggling learners. This includes but is not limited to maintaining compliance in regards to IEPs, direct services to students, and literacy supports for struggling readers.
● Maintain all special education documentation and timelines for case conferences in accordance with state and federal requirements.
● Assist general education teachers in identifying strategies to best support students.
● Ensure the delivery of services outlined in individual education plans for students with disabilities in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
● Support students who are well below grade level in reading, helping them achieve significant gains in their reading level.
● Prepare classroom for class activities.
● Observe and evaluate students’ performance and development.
● Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
● Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
● Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
● Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Indiana Teaching License in subject area
● Ability and willingness to work collaboratively; maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships
● Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
● Competency in using technology in the classroom setting
● An agreement with the mission statement and goals of Christel House DORS and Christel House International
9/7/2017 - 30
ICASE is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. 2346 S. Lynhurst Drive, Suite D101, Indianapolis, IN 46241