Reports to: Regional Team
Location: Hancock, Northern Shelby, Delaware, and Madison Counties
Job Summary: Responsible for supporting local special education parents through consumer engagement, instructional leadership, community engagement, administrative duties, reporting and recording.
Job Details: This position consists of a 20 hour per week commitment.
Travel: Travel involved to the listed counties in Indiana.
Benefits: 9 Paid Holidays, 2 weeks paid time off during December holidays, 5% employer contribution to 401k, Employee Assistance Program, Paid vacation, sick and personal days.
Key Areas of Accountability
1. Consumer Engagement
- Responsible for providing individualized assistance or training to parents and professionals as needed.
- Responsible for conducting outreach activities.
- Responsible for providing follow-up assistance and materials to individuals who attend trainings.
- Responsible for providing referrals, linkage, and other information to parents.
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing contact with PSVs.
2. Instructional Leadership
- Responsible for conducting the marketing, planning, implementation and evaluation of parent training workshops.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning of bi-annual in-service training.
- Responsible for scheduling and participating in PSV training and in-service opportunities.
3. Community Engagement
- Responsible for participating in local special education and/or disability related activities or boards and committees.
- Responsible for participating in agency related activities, including regional and statewide conferences.
4. Reporting and Recording
- Responsible for recording activities and parent demographic information.
- Responsible for collecting and compiling on-site and follow-up evaluation data.
- Responsible for reporting and recording information as needed.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. Education and Licensure: High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Work Experience: Experience working directly with youth and special needs in a
professional capacity is desired.
3. Working Conditions: Work is performed in a variety of settings. Must have the
ability to sit and stand in the same position for prolonged periods of time. Must
have the ability to manage moderately stressful situations. Virtual and in-person
engagement may be required. Evening and weekend work is required occasionally
as is travel within the state of Indiana.
4. Equipment Operated: Phone, computer, printer/scanner/copier machine, and other office equipment. Presentation and virtual meeting software.
5. Training Requirements During Employment: May receive additional computer
training for software packages and other updates as necessary relating to program
content and management, services configuration and delivery. Must attend annual
Characteristics, Skills and Abilities:
A. Teamwork: The degree to which the employee works effectively with teams, work
groups, or those outside formal lines of authority in order to accomplish assignments
or goals; takes action that respects the needs and contributions of others.
B. Planning and Organization: The degree to which the employee establishes a course of action for himself or herself in order to accomplish assignments or goals.
C. Judgment: The degree to which the employee is able to develop alternative courses of action and make decisions that are based on logical assumptions and that reflect factual information.
D. Oral Communication: The degree to which the employee is able to verbally express ideas and/or convey information clearly and effectively in one on one or group situations.
E. Problem Solving: The degree to which the employee is able to secure relevant
information, compare and contrast data from a number of different sources, identify
key issues and their relationships as well as their impact on situations or problems. In addition, determine alternative courses of action that will have a positive effect.
Location: Home Office Leader
EEO Statement: It is the policy of IN*SOURCE to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, ancestry, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, IN*SOURCE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
If interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org